November 6th, 2020
One of the best reasons to live in Southern California is our beaches. Palos Verdes homes have access to some of the cleanest beaches in the entire state but travel just a few miles to the north around the Santa Monica area and the story is quite different. As summer approaches, how does Heal the Bay answer … Where are the cleanest beaches in Southern California?
The Santa Monica Bay Pier was found to be one of the dirtiest beaches and most polluted in the state. In fact, it’s had a failing score for the last 6 years due to humid conditions under the pier, massive quantities of bird poop, and storm drain run off. These factors greatly increase the bacteria levels in the water
Mothers Beach in Marina Del Rey improved somewhat from a D to an A grade this year. LA County did good work on that.
Where to find Palos Verdes Homes on the Coast
Follow this link and it will always update with the latest listings. You will be able to click on 3 homes before the system requires you to register with your email and mobile number. Make sure to bookmark the link to revisit for all live updates to listings.
Some other good news is that 97% of the state’s beaches scored an A or a B grade. That’s a six percent increase from the 5 year average. Of course the down side of that is that much of that increase is due to drought and drought means lower storm drain runoff.
What are some good tips even when you find out where are the cleanest beaches in Southern California?
- avoid shallow beaches
- avoid enclosed beaches with poor circulation of water
- swim at least 100 yards away from storm drains, creeks and piers
“Health the Bay’s annual beach report card is guided by two important principles,” she said. “No one should get sick from a day at the beach and we have the right to know if our favorite beaches are too polluted to use.”
Where are the cleanest beaches in Southern California
- El Matador State Beach (Malibu)
- Escondido State Beach (Malibu)
- Dan Blocker County Beach (Malibu)
- Las Tunas County Beach (Malibu)
- El Segundo Beach @ Grand Ave. (El Segundo)
- Bluff Cove (Palos Verdes Estates)
- Abalone Cove Shoreline Park (Rancho Palos Verdes)
- Portuguese Bend Cove (RanchoPalos Verdes)
You can find homes for sale around the Abalone Cove and Portuguese Bend beaches right here with real time updates each time you visit this site
I want to make sure you’re using at least one of these two utilities; it’s important because …
- they are cutting edge in each of their categories and
- they will help you be a smarter, more informed buyer, seller or owner of real estate.
- The second one’s importance is not so much the “value” component (let’s be honest, how accurate can a computer algorithm really be when nuancing “view”, “condition”, “micro-location” and/or “lot utility” variables), …
- rather the importance in the results of the “big data” tech that informs you how many REAL buyers are actually searching NOW for a home matching your home’s characteristics! No other broker can do this for you and pay PLENTY to bring this service to my clients!