November 6th, 2020
Style moves quick so what are the interior design trends for 2019? If you want to keep your home as fresh and chic as possible, you’ll need to adapt to the times. 2018 was a big year for interior design, with many new fads, colors, and styles bursting onto the scene. 2019, however, looks to be even bigger. In order to get you up to speed for the coming year, let’s take a look at some surprising new interior design trends you can adopt to stay ahead of the game in 2019.
Quartz Counter Tops
Quartz is the more durable alternative to marble, a beautiful material with an artistic black and white swirly pattern throughout it. You can easily achieve a marbled look with quartz for a more affordable price. For a long time, marble was the go-to choice for those looking to maximize the beauty of their countertops.
In recent years, however, we’ve discovered that quartz can look almost identical, without having vulnerabilities to stuff like tomato sauce, wine, and other acidic liquids. It also has the added benefit of being man-made, meaning you can wield some control over the style, pattern, and color of each slab. Get the bright and airy kitchen you’ve always wanted with white quartz or opt for a darker more subtle kitchen with black countertops.
Reclaimed Wood Accents
Reclaimed wood accents are also expected to be in style in 2019. Reclaimed wood is wood that has already served a purpose and has since been repurposed for something like furniture or flooring. It has a distinct, realistic look to it that most regular lumber does not.
Reclaimed, rustic shelves and mantels made with wood taken from mills, barns, buildings, and factories that were alive and well at the turn of the century are making a comeback next year. These items have an old-world feel while still retaining a refined, elegant look to them.
In addition to style pieces like mantels and shelves, entire wide plank wood flooring schemes are expected to be hot next year as well. American wood, European wood, reclaimed wood, barn wood, and more are all coming back around in the form of wide plank designs. These designs will supplant narrower planks and modern wood accents which are starting to fade out of popularity.
Natural Color Schemes
Yep, natural colors are coming back into style. 2019 will likely see a trend of natural color schemes in interior design. Combinations of colors like black, white, gray, tan, blue, and green are fresh once again, so don’t be surprised if you see more complex colors like teal, purple, and others less often next year.
Stylish Accent Walls
The accent wall is making its way back into the limelight once again. These walls typically exist purely for artistic purposes and serve as a nice color break from the rest of your interior. Decorative wood wall panels resembling log cabin walls, chalkboard wall paint, stone, and brick accents are all likely to make a glorious return in 2019. Stay away from the traditional paint accent wall and test out these different materials to add some texture and personality to your home.
More Interior Design Trends for 2019
Searches for velvet have been going through the roof in 2018, signaling an upswing in interest for the coming year. Velvet screams luxury and it’s about to be back in style, in all forms. Velvet pillows, couches, chairs, headboards, lighting, and accessories are all in play for 2019. Try richer, more jeweled tones or bright shades if you want to make a bold statement, or keep it mellow with softer shades like grey and off-white. You really can’t go wrong with velvet next year.
For wall art, metal prints are coming in hot in 2019. Regular paintings and wooden-framed art is out, and metal prints are in. You go can with art, photos, quotes, or anything your heart desires. Metal prints have a super contemporary feel to them and work really well with vibrant colors as well as images with luminescent qualities or vibrant hues. They also contrast nicely with other, older-feeling trends like reclaimed wood floors, for instance.
Stay on your toes – keep referring to my blog posts for upcoming tips
Trends tend to come and go, skipping a generation or two then coming back in style just as we begin to forget about them. If you want to impress your guests in 2019, try any of these chic new interior design trends out in your home and see what kind of reaction they draw.
Combining one or more hot trends is another way to take your interior game to the next level and leave your guests feeling like they’ve just left the freshest house on the block. Don’t fall behind, get in line with the times!
This article is courtesy of https://www.innovativebuildingmaterials.com authored by Matt Lee
If you’d like to set up a zoom video conference from which at the leisure of your home, you can see my computer screen, ask real estate questions etc, text me at 424-361-0005 and I’d be happy to share the benefit of my near 40 years in the business. I’m like that Farmers Insurance commercial, “…we know a thing or two because we’ve seen a thing or two…” Want more information on our Virtual Home Buying Program?
I want to make sure you’re using at least one of these three services; it’s important because …
- you need to stay on top of the latest affects of COVID-19 on Palos Verdes and Beach Cities homes (Video)
- the next two services are cutting edge in each of their categories and ◦the “Search Homes” platform below allows you to search PRIVATELY with your information secure and never sold! Did you know the big search platforms like Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin and the like, record your search patterns, what you looked at, how often you’re online, and all your personal and private contact info then they sell that information to multiple real estate agents and advertisers on their platforms?!?! 🤔 Ever wonder why you’re experiencing more spam calls and emails?
- they will help you be a smarter, more informed buyer, seller or owner of real estate.
- The second one’s importance is not so much the “value” component (let’s be honest, how accurate can a computer algorithm really be when nuancing “view”, “condition”, “micro-location” and/or “lot utility” variables), …
- rather the importance in the results of the “big data” tech that informs you how many REAL buyers are actually searching NOW for a home matching your home’s characteristics! No other broker can do this for you and I invest thousands of dollars to bring this service to my clients! Imagine how much more your home would sell, targeting these Buyers with a campaign increasing competition to own your home
- And the fourth service is our Virtual Home Buying service which is benefiting Sellers AND Buyers, click here to learn more
|Imagine the competitive edge you would have knowing how many REAL buyers are searching for a home like yours|