November 6th, 2020
Maybe you’ve been following my negotiating tips for a while and in the many strategies I’ve shared, none of them have come from the “dark side”. In other words, they’ve each dealt with how to implement a winning negotiating strategy. Not so this article in which we will consider the top seven ways to fail at negotiating. In other words, like the old joke about the patient that sees the doctor because every time he moves his arm in a certain way, it hurts. The doctor then says, “…Well, don’t do that…” Same thing here. Don’t repeat these mistakes. I bet you will recognize at least one of them as something you’ve actually done.
When negotiations don’t turn out as we had hoped, we often look for the cause. One doesn’t have to look very far because 99% of all negotiating failures are due to one of the big seven reasons.
I’m keenly interested in which one of these you most recognize in yourself? Let me step up and confess first. I’m most guilty of number 5 myself. It’s why my lip is always sore… I’m bitting it all the time! 😂
Send me a message and share…see the green envelope in the upper right corner of this page? Use that.
Top Seven Ways To Fail At Negotiating
- Weak knowledge of key motivators
- Poor handling of alternatives and options
- Failure to fully acknowledge the concerns of others
- Impatience/ poor timing
- Allowing emotions to escalate
- Negotiating with the un-empowered
- Poor close, not asking for the deal you want
To which of these top seven ways to fail at negotiating are you most vulnerable?
Anticipation and preparation, that’s the key to success to avoiding these mistakes as you KEEP Negotiating.
If you’d like to set up a Zoom live feed consultation appointment. From the comfort of your home, you can see my computer screen, ask real estate questions etc, text me at 424-361-0005 and I’d be happy to share the benefit of my near 40 years in the business. I’m like that Farmers Insurance commercial, “…we know a thing or two because we’ve seen a thing or two…” Want more information on our Virtual Home Buying Program?
I want to make sure you’re using at least one of these three services; it’s important because …
- you need to stay on top of the latest affects of COVID-19 on Palos Verdes and Beach Cities homes (Video)
- the next two services are cutting edge in each of their categories and ◦the “Search Homes” platform below allows you to search PRIVATELY with your information secure and never sold! Did you know the big search platforms like Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin and the like, record your search patterns, what you looked at, how often you’re online, and all your personal and private contact info then they sell that information to multiple real estate agents and advertisers on their platforms?!?! 🤔 Ever wonder why you’re experiencing more spam calls and emails?
- they will help you be a smarter, more informed buyer, seller or owner of real estate.
- The second one’s importance is not so much the “value” component (let’s be honest, how accurate can a computer algorithm really be when nuancing “view”, “condition”, “micro-location” and/or “lot utility” variables), …
- rather the importance in the results of the “big data” tech that informs you how many REAL buyers are actually searching NOW for a home matching your home’s characteristics! No other broker can do this for you and I invest thousands of dollars to bring this service to my clients! Imagine how much more your home would sell, targeting these Buyers with a campaign increasing competition to own your home
- And the fourth service is our Virtual Home Buying service which is benefiting Sellers AND Buyers, click here to learn more
|Imagine the competitive edge you would have knowing how many REAL buyers are searching for a home like yours|