One of the really fun things to do that the city of Rancho Palos Verdes hosts is Movies in the Park located at Hesse Park 29301 Hawthorne Blvd. For example this Saturdy, the 26th of August from 6:30pm – 10:00pm the movie “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” beginning at dusk, approximately 8:15 will be shown.
Movies In The Park
The city puts this on for free. Children’s events begin around 6:30pm and the folks at Electrikids are putting on all the fun stuff for kids to do. Electrikids is a great company focusing on kids’ fitness. You can get more information on schedules and other city activities here
Food trucks will be there around the same time. So while you can bring your own food if you wish, you don’t have to
Hesse Park is one of the more popular parks in Palos Verdes. It is well manicured with BBQ facilities, baseball field, soccer field, hiking trails, sand volley ball court and some of the more spectacular Channel Island and Ocean Views you will experience. The community center is home for many senior activities, classes and can be rented. One of the halls will hold up to 150 people
What are some of the other parks in Rancho Palos Verdes?
- Grandview Park – mostly uninmproved natural space of around 18 acres
- Clovercliff Park – this is a little community neighborhood park perfect for just kicking back and reading a book
- Fred Hesse Park
- Del Cerro Park (my favorite for hiking trails) – there are panoramic views of Catalina and the Pacific Ocean with access to miles of hiking trails. It also includes a flat grassy area.
- Robert E Ryan Park
- Point Vicente Interpretative Center (whale watching and nature trails)
- Rancho Caninos Dog Park
- Pelican Cove Park
- Frank A Vanderlip Park – this is another little neighborhood park. Nothing fancy, just one of the most peaceful zen inspiring locations on the Peninsula
- Abalone Cove Shoreline Park – there are 2 beaches here (Abalone Cove and Sacred Cove), tidepools, bluff top viewing areas, and walking trails. Be careful though as the park contains a State Ecological Preserve and it’s illegal to remove protected animals and marine life.
- Ladera Linda Park – this used to be one of the elementary schools here on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. School rooms are still rented out and vast soccer fields exist here. It is surrounded by Palos Verdes Land Conservancy areas
- Marilyn Ryan Sunset Park
- Vista Catalina Park
- Founders Park – this is a 5 acre plus park named in honor of the folks that founded the city of Rancho Palos Verdes. This park is adjacent to Trump National Clubhouse
- Rancho Palos Verdes Beach – probably one of the least utilized and most beautiful parks in the entire county of Los Angeles (see picture to the right)
What if you lived near Fred Hesse Park – you could actually walk to the Movies in the Park! I recently sold this home and you could have walked to Hesse Park from here
Did you find the information here helpful and/or useful? Reviews are important for local search engine rankings. Please take a moment and write a 5 star review here
Click picture below (from your mobile device) to get one of the best if not THE best app I’ve found to search for homes. Check out the “radar” function called “Spot” on lower right part of the app’s screen once you’ve installed it
Download George Fotion’s app!
Here’s another app that is hugely interactive and responsive on the road
This app won “best in show” just recently where top real estate tech firms competed with their real estate apps
Over 40 5 Star Reviews
|Join me on Google+Original Content for Palos Verdes Homes George Fotion|
Call Realty Best Palos Verdes Homes, 433 Via Corta, Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274 (424) 226-2147