August 25th, 2020
The interior of your home is where you spend most of your time. And it’s a bonus when we can incorporate small interior design trends that make a big impact. Whether your focus is entertaining guests or enjoying your home, you need to have an interior design that shows off your personal style. Many of the current style trends are unexpected, so you might not have already considered them. Fortunately, you don’t have to do a massive remodel to reap the benefits of these.
Add More Dark Tones
People often tend to gravitate toward light colors because they think that it opens up the space. But a new trend in interior design is taking over — dark, moody colors. One option that is increasing in popularity is grey wood flooring, which looks beautiful no matter what decor you have in the room. It can improve the appeal of an open floor plan and may make the other features, such as the wall colors, pop. Dark blues and greens are also lovely cabinetry. Black backsplashes give your kitchen a sophisticated and stately appearance. Adding dark tones to your home can be as simple as buying a new flower pot, lampshades, or chair cushions— it’s a friendly concept for all budgets.
Update The Cabinets
Updating the cabinets adds instant appeal to the bathroom or kitchen. Instead of ripping out cabinets to replace them all, you can have someone come in to do a plywood replacement. This gives the cabinet a new look without the high cost. Resurfacing can also dramatically change a space, so this is another small change to consider if you want to make a significant impact without having to spend much cash. Updating handles combined with a fresh coat of paint can dramatically transform a kitchen and give the appearance (and value) of new cabinetry. This is an inexpensive but one of the best small interior design trends that make a big impact!
You can add instant appeal to a room by merely updating the lighting. This doesn’t have to be a complicated undertaking. Instead, you can just find new fixtures to put up. In some rooms, such as bedrooms, stick to soft lights. Other rooms, including the dining room, might do better with brighter clear lights. Some fixtures have three light intensities, so you can always add one of these to the room if you want varying lighting throughout the day. Don’t forget that the windows you choose can also affect the lighting.
More Small Interior Design Trends That Make a Big Impact
Repaint The Walls
Putting up a fresh coat of paint in a room gives it a new look without a costly project. While past trends were on vibrant colors, current ones focus more on darker colors that provide a moody and dramatic appeal. If you don’t think that you have the time, patience, budget, or interest to repaint an entire room a new color, use a vibrant or dark hue for a single accent wall.
Install Window Treatments
Window treatments give the room a polished look. If you are going to have dark flooring or dark walls, you can use a patterned curtain to add depth to the room. This can also make the windows the focal point of the room. Heavier curtains might work better for bedrooms and bathrooms where you want privacy. You might choose lighter, sheer curtains in rooms where privacy isn’t a factor. The contrast and compliments this idea incorporates This is also one of the best small interior design trends that make a big impact!
Add Finishing Touches
The finishing touches you make to a room often make a massive impact on the space. These are things like changing the outlet covers and light switch plates. You can add unique bath faucets to the sink and tub. Cabinet hardware is another finishing touch that can have a dramatic effect in the room. You can even add under cabinet lighting to add focal points to the room.
Remember that you can customize any room in your home using simple methods like painting or refinishing cabinets, but it is often a good idea to hire a professional for larger projects. These special touches can give your house the homelike feel that everyone craves.
Matt Lee is a contributor to Innovative Green Building Materials. He is a blogger and a content writer for the building materials industry. Matt is focused on helping fellow homeowners, contractors, and architects discover materials and methods of construction that increase property value, maximize energy savings, and turn houses into homes.
I want to make sure you’re using at least one of these three services; it’s important because …
- you need to stay on top of the latest effects of COVID-19 on Palos Verdes and Beach Cities homes (Video)
- the next two services are cutting edge in each of their categories and ◦the “Search Homes” platform below allows you to search PRIVATELY with your information secure and never sold! Did you know the big search platforms like Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin and the like, record your search patterns, what you looked at, how often you’re online, and all your personal and private contact info then they sell that information to multiple real estate agents and advertisers on their platforms?!?! 🤔 Ever wonder why you’re experiencing more spam calls and emails?
- they will help you be a smarter, more informed buyer, seller, or owner of real estate.
- The second one’s importance is not so much the “value” component (let’s be honest, how accurate can a computer algorithm really be when attempting nuance “view”, “condition”, “micro-location” and/or “lot utility” variables), …
- rather the importance of the results with the “big data” tech that informs you how many REAL buyers are actually searching NOW for a home matching your home’s characteristics! No other broker can do this for you and I invest thousands of dollars to bring this service to my clients! Imagine how much more your home would sell, targeting these Buyers with a campaign increasing competition to own your home
- And the fourth service is our Virtual Home Buying service which is benefiting Sellers AND Buyers, click here to learn more
|Imagine the competitive edge you would have knowing how many REAL buyers are searching for a home like yours|