June 27th, 2020
Who doesn’t love getting a tax refund? So, how can a tax refund lower your interest rate?
It’s exciting to know that your bank balance will get a boost. But remember, a refund isn’t a bonus — it’s your hard-earned money, which is why you should make the most of it.
If you’re thinking of buying a new home this year — whether it’s your first home or the one you plan to retire in — financial planning is critical.
Expecting a refund? Make a bigger impact on your home purchase with these tips:
How can a tax refund lower your interest rate
1. Lower Your Mortgage Rate: Did you know you can pay “points” up front to lower the interest rate of your mortgage? If you plan to stay in your home for a long time, this could result in significant savings over the life of your loan.
2. Pay Closing Costs: Closing costs average about 2 to 5 percent of the purchase price. Many buyers roll it into their mortgage and pay it off over the life of the loan. But you could use your refund to pay it up front and avoid paying interest.
3. Save for a Down Payment: In some cases, your refund could cover your entire down payment. Some loans only require 3 percent down, so this is more realistic than you might think.
4. Boost Your Credit Score: Paying down your debts can have a significant impact on your credit score and the mortgage rate you’ll qualify for.
5. Renovate or Update Appliances: Many buyers are tempted to open a line of credit to pay for these purchases, but that could negatively impact your mortgage loan. Using your refund is the smarter move.
Remember, a tax refund is only one factor to consider in your homebuying budget. Get in touch today for a referral to a financial planner or mortgage lender if you need help preparing your budget. Let’s work together to plan your path to homeownership.
Did you find the information here helpful and/or useful? Reviews are important for local search engine rankings. Please take a moment and write a 5 star review here
Meanwhile, with my compliments, download this real estate home search app https://mls-client.com/3AC6E8E8 I’ve researched dozens; so far, this is the best Contact me if you need help!
|Click picture below (from your mobile device) to get a really good app I’ve found to search for homes.
Check out the “radar” function called “Spot” on lower right part of the app’s screen once you’ve installed it
|Download the HomeSnap App here. Snap any home with your smartphone camera using the app and get market data on that home|
Here’s another app that is hugely interactive and responsive on the road
This app won “best in show” just recently where top real estate tech firms competed with their real estate apps
Over 40 5 Star Reviews
Call Realty Best Palos Verdes Homes, 433 Via Corta, Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274 (424) 226-2147